Electronics Engineer - PLCs (24903)
This is a superb role for an ambitious Electronics Engineer – PLCs to contribute in designing complete systems from scratch and applying a broad range of electronics, control and electrical systems to complex machines. The role will appeal to an engineer with a background in industrial electrical design for special purpose machinery or process related industry.
This role will suit a bright electronics engineer with an excellent technical degree from a world-leading university and a significant level of commercial experience including:
- Electrical System design for single and three phase electromechanical machine systems
- Experiencing of designing and commissioning complex electromechanical machinery
- Experience of designing safety systems for panels and machinery
- Control Panel design and layout experience for motors / PLCs / Power Supplies etc.
- Programming of Allen Bradley / Siemens PLCs using Ladder Logic
- Strong CAD skills with electrical design software
- Hands-on fault-finding and analytical skills for debugging machines and systems
- Exposure to regulatory approvals and standards for Europe (Machinery Directive) and North America (UL508 / CSA22.2)
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a small, successful and fast-growing product company which has spun out of a more established and well-respected company in the Cambridgeshire area. In addition to a competitive salary, the role offers an attractive benefits package. Excellent prospects await the right candidate in a permanent role, with potential to progress.
Keywords: PLC, Ladder Logic, SolidWorks Electrical, Electra, TraceCAD Electrical, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, Herts.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.