Software Engineer - FinTech (24904)
Since mid-2000s, this growing FinTech company have used disruptive technology to develop innovative algorithms for quantitative analysis. The company’s success is based on the people they employ, with recognition of achievements through an excellent remuneration package and bonuses.
As their next Software Developer, you’ll join this meritocratic organisation with similar people to yourself who push themselves to excel and enjoy working in a culture of innovation and scientific rigour. Tools development is at the heart of this company’s activities, and so on day one you will be given projects which can be the start of continued responsibilities. These tools allow for automated management and monitoring of high speed simulations for finance, including real-time event processing, large scale data processing, and performance tuning.
- Strong academics (1st / high 2.1 in computer science, maths or similar from a top ranked university). Ideally a post-graduate degree (Masters / PhD) involving software.
- Excellent commercial career track record - we're interested in which company you've worked for as well as what you did.
- High competence in programming – not only for designing systems to solve problems but also taking pride in producing high quality code. In particular, technical experience will include understanding OO principles, data modelling, database design, data structures and algorithms. Project experience should be through commercial shrink-wrapped software tool development. Further relevant personal software projects would be of interest.
- Technology expertise and deep knowledge of a primary OO language (preferably Java, .NET, or Scala). Further experience in Python, Ruby or Groovy would be beneficial.
- Experience in using databases (SQL Server, Sybase or Oracle) would be useful.
- In addition, knowledge of quantitative foundations and ability to understand numerical algorithms and statistical models is advantageous.
NB: this is a highly attractive role for an exceptional client, so you should be ticking most if not all the boxes above. Experience will not over-ride your academic achievements, and similarly, high academic achievement is not enough on its own.
This excellent opportunity would suit a bright, highly numerate individual to join the team. In return, you will reap the benefits of your work with an excellent remuneration package including a performance related bonus.
Keywords: Algorithmic Development, OO, Java, .NET. Scala, Quantitative Analysis, Statistics, Probability, Iterators, Linear Programming, Functional Programming, Oxbridge, Imperial, Bristol, Warwick.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.