Senior Bare-Metal Developer (24923)
This Midlands-based engineering team is looking for a highly experienced and talented Bare-Metal Developer. You would be working on a broad range of projects across a variety of business sectors, often on safety-critical functionality. As may be expected, your coding ability with embedded C and software design instincts must be exemplary.
The role has a wide remit, and will include:
- Liaising with clients to refine requirements
- Full-lifecycle developments, from designing software architecture through to implementation, trouble-shooting, and testing
- Technical and team leadership, mentoring junior colleagues, providing expertise to your cross-disciplinary team mates, and day-to-day management of ongoing tasks
You will need:
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in software engineering or a closely related subject from a well-respected university
- Excellent design and coding skills with C including a thorough understanding of the subtleties and pitfalls of the language
- Broad, full lifecycle project experience within a safety-critical and preferable medical devices field, preferably with small 16 or 32-bit processors
- Strong communications and collaboration skills, able to quickly build relationships and establish your credibility with clients
This is a great chance to join a successful cross-disciplinary team, working on a broad range of technologies and innovations that make a real and positive difference to the lives of many end users. Our client offers a generous salary and an enviable benefits package.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Embedded, C, bare metal, 16 / 32 bit devices, safety critical, medical devices, client-facing, team lead, west Midlands.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.