Consultant Mechanical Engineer (24927)
We are seeking an exceptionally gifted mechanical engineer with stellar academic credentials and broad and substantial commercial experience to join this high-performing cross-functional engineering team located in the West Midlands. The ideal candidate will be expert in computer-aided design and manufacture, well-versed in all aspects of mechanical engineering, and have excellent customer-facing communications skills.
- Work with customers to agree requirements and prepare bids
- Respond to challenging design problems with innovative solutions
- Be the recognised mechanical domain expert for the team, providing advice, and mentoring junior colleagues
- Day-to-day management of ongoing work.
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in Mechanical Engineering from a leading university
- High proficiency with computer-aided engineering tools including SolidWorks, and preferably also Creo
- Solid understanding of manufacturing techniques, including injection moulding
- Extensive commercial experience of a wide range of mechanical engineering projects with involvement at all stages
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and planning skills
In addition to these essential attributes, experience of working in a regulated industry sector such as Medical Devices, Automotive or Aerospace would be an advantage.
This is a great chance to join a successful team, working on a broad range of technologies and innovations that make a real and positive difference to the lives of many end users. Our client offers a generous salary and an enviable benefits package.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Midlands, Safety-Critical, Medical Devices, Regulated Industry, CAD / CAM / CAE, Mechanical, Consultant, Injection Moulding.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.