PhD Level Scientists / Engineers (24941)
Are you writing up your doctorate thesis and looking to start your career away from academia? Through your first degree or PhD, have you gained exposure to programming technologies which has opened up an interest in software engineering? Have you a strong logical brain – able to work methodically? Do you have a broad curiosity of technology and are keen to apply yourself to problem solving tasks?
Our Cambridge based client is recruiting bright candidates to join their team – working alongside like-minded people on a variety of projects including ML and data analytics. They are keen to hire people who can turn their hands (and brains) to a variety of technology problems – coming up with robust, innovative solutions.
- Strong academic pedigree
- A*s at A-level or 40+ at IB (ideally in maths and sciences)
- 1st Class degree in Maths, Natural Sciences, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering or Computer Science from a top ranked UK university (likely to be a top 5 university / Russell Group member) or top university in the country if outside the UK.
- PhD ideally in a STEM subject.
- Interest in software which can be demonstrated through projects undertaken at university or via home hobby projects. A GitHub account and / or completion of online software / ML courses would be of interest.
- Broad interest in technology (we are not looking for PhD domain expertise but a profile that enjoys learning from others and applying themselves on interesting problems which can be outside their comfort-zone).
- Any experience with C, C++, Java, MATLAB, Python or similar would be of interest.
Working in teams, projects can be collaborative so communication skills are required. However, this is secondary to your ability to grasp novel ideas and concepts and apply software solutions. Being technology agnostic is fairly central to the position as projects may determine what tools you use.
Interested? Apply with your CV.
Keywords: PhD, Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Southampton, Bristol, Top academics, Software Engineering
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.