Senior Embedded Engineer (24956)
This successful technical consultancy is expanding and seeks an experienced C++ and embedded C software developer to work on a range of innovative projects. The work is varied and requires not only both C and C++ skills but also a good breadth of knowledge in other areas.
This role will offer the opportunity to be involved in a range of activities including wearable electronics, IoT, location based systems, embedded control and monitoring solutions.
- Minimum of a 2.1 technical degree from a top university
- Demonstrable and excellent programming skills in both C++ and C
- Understanding of embedded real-time operating systems
- Development and debugging with prototype hardware e.g. MCUs, memory, sensors, modems
- The understanding of the attitude required when working in a consultancy
The following attributes would also be of interest:
- Experience with embedded TCP/IP networking
- Exposure to Agile software practices
- Knowledge of wireless connectivity technologies, Bluetooth LE, WiFi
- Using REST APIs
- Utilisation of system security/encryption techniques
The offices are based north of Cambridge with plenty of parking and attractive surroundings. The existing team are a friendly group, providing a working environment that is collaborative and supportive. A competitive package is on offer.
Keywords: C++, C, embedded, RTOS, distributed systems, mobile, Agile, outskirts of Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.