Electronics Director (24962)
While strictly not a director appointment, this role would suit someone with that level of authority in convincing clients on approaches for high-volume electronics manufacturing whilst maintaining high quality. The product areas this consultancy is focused on include science-led innovation, sensors, applied science and electro-mechanical designs.
This company employs the brightest engineers, so you will have a 1st or 2.1 in a technical degree to be able to keep up with the team. Earlier in your career you will have been a hands-on electronics engineer, since then your commercial experience will provide the evidence you possess the following attributes:
- A strong high-volume electronics manufacturing and product quality background
- Confidence in providing advice to senior leaders on how best to get products that are both high quality and highly innovative to market
- Able to provide leadership at all stages of new product development from initial product strategy, though generating novel ideas, to manufacturing ramp-up
- Provide early insight into the manufacturing implications of novel processes
- Able to contribute to non electronic aspects of high volume product manufacture
- Ability to improve manufacturability and reduce cost
- Knowledge of FMEA, risk identification, statistical modelling and predicting product life
- Experience of defining the testing / verification strategy for high volume electronics
- Effective use of process improvement methods (e.g. Lean Six Sigma)
- Experience with compliance, certification, and safety testing
This is a superb opportunity to play a key leadership role within a successful high-tech consultancy.
Keywords: Customer facing, high volume electronics, consumer hi-tech goods, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.