Principal Embedded Software Developer (24969)
Do you have the combination of client facing and technical skills to be a major contributor in a small technical consultancy?
You may have been working at a senior level for the last few years and feel now is the time for you to move up to Team Leader or Principal Engineer. Alternatively you may already be at this level and just looking for a smaller consultancy. Your core skills will be C++ and embedded C gained on a range of innovative projects.
This role will offer the opportunity to be involved in a range of activities including wearable electronics, IoT, location based systems, embedded control and monitoring solutions. The work is varied and requires not only both C and C++ skills but also a good breadth of knowledge in other areas.
- Minimum of a 2.1 technical degree from a top university
- Demonstrable and excellent programming skills in both C++ and C
- Understanding of embedded real-time operating systems
- Development and debugging with prototype hardware e.g. MCUs, memory, sensors, modems
- The understanding of the attitude required when working in a consultancy
The following attributes would also be of interest:
- Experience with embedded TCP/IP networking
- Exposure to Agile software practices
- Knowledge of wireless connectivity technologies, Bluetooth LE, WiFi
- Using REST APIs
- Utilisation of system security/encryption techniques
The offices are based north of Cambridge with plenty of parking and attractive surroundings. The existing team are a friendly group, providing a working environment that is collaborative and supportive. A competitive package is on offer.
Keywords: C++, C, embedded, RTOS, distributed systems, mobile, Agile, outskirts of Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.