Senior Software Developer (24986)
A chance to join a small, yet well-established company based in Central London to work on their Linux based platforms used for image processing. They require a platform expert to speed up networking and the file systems. Hence you will have a broad software background, but mainly focused on C/C++ and low level Linux. Fundamentals will be backed up by excellent grades and a top engineering degree from a well-known and respected university. Further, in your career so far you will have gained experience in most of the following:
- Excellent knowledge of both C and C++
- Experience of low-level Linux system development and filesystem device drivers
- Other software including OpenGL and scripting languages
- Good working knowledge of high-speed network technology
- Creating custom OS installers
- Exposure to streaming IO subsystems
- A good understanding of performance tuning for both CPU and GPU algorithms
You will join a team of friendly, dedicated developers working in an exciting industry. The product is a creative real-time environment for film production which runs on purpose-built Linux multi-GPU workstations with a high-performance IO subsystem.
Keywords: C, C++, Linux, network, file handling, IO subsystem, Senior Software Engineer, Central London.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.