Software Test Engineer (25016)
This company develops desktop automation instruments used for processing and analysis of biological samples. Their products are used in research and industry worldwide to accelerate discovery of new therapies or biological pathways.
As they expand their software group, they seek a Software Test Engineer to validate new software applications; these involve integration with control of automated systems, hence an appreciation of working with software and hardware components is key.
Degree in a relevant technical discipline and knowledge / experience of more than one of the following:
- Commercial experience in software testing of complex systems involving real-time control
- Understanding of when and how to use a broad range of testing techniques and approaches.
- Competency in automating software tests at a unit, component or Graphical User Interface level
- Familiarity with one or more programming and scripting languages
- Experience of system fault-finding and diagnosis
- Ability to analyse product requirements and liaise with the software designers and developers
Aside from salary and benefits on offer for the right candidate, this is an excellent opportunity to join an established and successful team working in modern and comfortable R&D environments close to Cambridge. Please note: you must have the existing right to work in the UK without sponsorship.
Keywords: software test, Windows, GUI, control systems, ISQTB, automated testing, SQL, Powershell, life science, Cambridge.
If this sounds like you, get in touch with ECM Selection – whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone, and we may have other ideas to suggest to you too.