Senior Software Quality Engineer (25019)
From humble beginnings, this award-winning tech company have quietly gone about their business – developing innovative Linux tools that have garnered industry acclaim and a healthy customer-book. The company have instilled a focus on employees, supporting careers and providing empowering opportunities for their engineers. They are currently in a growth stage and are keen to recruit a Snr SW Quality Engineer to have an influential role within the development cycle of their products. Key responsibilities will include: accountability for test coverage, releases and ownership of test regressions; reliability for test infrastructure and IT systems; and improving Python test frameworks.
- Degree qualified, ideally in computer science, maths or similar.
- 5+ years’ commercial software experience, including recent experience as a Software Quality Engineer or Software Engineer in Test.
- Strong familiarity with the Linux command line including Linux internals.
- Full understanding of software quality processes (including diagnostic logs, CI tools and workflows, distributed revision control systems (ideally git)).
- Good, demonstrable scripting skills (ideally Python) for automation.
- Further experience with C or C++ would be desirable.
Interested applicants should have good communication skills and have a keen interest in producing top quality products.
In return, a comprehensive compensation package is available. Note they are close to both rail and bus routes, so access via public transport is achievable.
Keywords: Snr SW Quality Engineer, Python, Test Tools, Quality, Software Development, Linux, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.