Senior Mechanical Engineer (25033)
Our client is looking for a creative Senior Mechanical Engineer who can apply strong design and problem-solving skills to a variety of complex medical device developments.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be working alongside other engineering and design disciplines to develop innovative products. You will have the opportunity to take responsibility for defining and developing solutions to engineering problems and communicating those ideas to both internal and external audiences.
- Be responsible for elements of the mechanical design across a range of projects – focussing on concept generation, rig design and design for manufacture and working in a variety of materials
- Utilise a mix of technical and leadership skills including the ability to delegate and review the work of others
- Use strong written and verbal communication skills to liaise with clients and suppliers and to facilitate collaboration across disciplines
- Have significant practical skills and a genuine passion for engineering
- A good (2:1 or above) first degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline from a leading university
- Relevant industry or postgraduate experience in engineering, product design or manufacture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Expertise in more than one of the following:
- Mechanism design
- Design for Manufacture
- Hardware specification and integration
- Machine or instrument design
- CAD (preferably SolidWorks or Creo)
- Project management or leadership skills
- Specific Medical Device development experience, or experience in another regulated industry
- Analytical engineering skills
- CE Marking
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.