Lead Platform Developer (25051)
This startup is looking to be instrumental in a new and innovative field, connecting major household name companies with skilled professionals and enthusiasts via a brand new technology platform. Well funded by experienced entrepreneurs and business leaders, and with grand ambitions, there is a significant and as yet untapped market in which they are positioning themselves to be the key player; major companies are already on board.
This is a rare opportunity to take on a “green field” development role for their software platform. To join them, you’ll be an experienced software developer with experience building cloud or other online distributed systems. Working remotely, and ideally from the Cambridge area to meet with founders and directors regularly, you’ll lay the foundations, put architecture in place, and start to build out the system. You will make good use of external resources and partners, and proven technologies. As things progress it’s likely you will be part of the hiring process, building a supportive team around you.
You will have:
- A good degree in computing or a related subject from a top university, and strong A-level grades, or exemplary equivalent experience
- Solid commercial experience in relevant roles, and a very current technical skillset
- A good sense of OO design, HTTP API design, and distributed systems architecture
- A good understanding of AWS and/or Azure, Google Cloud; or equivalent experience and a strong interest in developing towards and for the cloud
- Enough of a sense of good user interface design to assemble highly functional and aesthetically pleasing sites; you do not need design skills, but the ability to produce well designed results, however sourced or developed
- Sufficient understanding of databases, relational or non (SQL / NoSQL), including schema design and performance considerations
- The capacity to build scalable systems for the future
You will have excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic. You will be able to prioritise and know how to delegate. You will also have full existing permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship. Knowledge of real-time media streaming is advantageous but not required. For the right candidate, the role will offer a highly competitive salary and excellent prospects.
Interested? Send your brief, striking and detailed CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250 – see http://www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.