Software Engineer (25076)
Our client develops software used by engineers and scientists worldwide. This is the chance to collaborate with very bright, passionate people, contributing to software products that make a real difference.
They are looking for a software engineer to join their team of developers building C++ libraries. They write re-usable, modular libraries in modern C++. They focus on SOLID software design and architecture and usable, extensible APIs.
This position will require excellent object-orientated design and programming skills, strong inter-personal and communication skills, whilst working within a global development group.
- Be responsible for the full software life-cycle from requirements gathering and high-level design, to coding, testing, debugging, and maintenance.
- Collaborate with team members to produce high-quality code that is correct, robust, efficient, and easy to maintain and extend.
- Design APIs that are easy to use and extensible.
- Re-architecture existing components to accommodate new requirements.
- Participate in, and contribute to, design reviews, code reviews, and project planning.
With an excellent degree from a leading university and 5 years professional work experience you will also have:
- Strong written and communication skills
- Excellent object-oriented design skills
- Experience with modern C++
- Experience working with multiple compilers and platforms
- Experience working in MATLAB would be a significant benefit
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.