Engineering Manager (25109)
This role would suit an Engineering Manager who still likes some aspects on hands-on electronics. Frequently this involves ensuring the design meets the various standards required by their end customers.
In this position you will manage the whole of the UK based developments; driving forward vital customer projects so client-facing skills will be a major part of your role. Your earlier experience as an engineer will provide you with the awareness of the pitfalls in electronic product development. The role offers an opportunity to be hands-on in creating the next generation products whilst owning several projects and ensuring the team members deliver these on time.
You will need a strong technical background to command the respect of both clients and internal staff – you must be able to “talk technical” as you’re dealing with smart people who will respect your first-hand knowledge of their job. You will be diplomatic, pragmatic, relaxed, competent, and a real problem solver for your team.
In summary your qualities as Engineering Manager are:
- A good degree in a technical subject from a top university
- Significant commercial electronics project management experience
- Product costing from development through to manufacturing
- Understanding of compliance requirements industrial, railways and aftermarket automotive markets
- Previously worked within a strict ISO9001 quality standard
- Understanding of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Significant experience understanding of customer relations and objectives
- Ability to explain and simplify complex concepts
- Ability to encourage a team to work effectively under pressure to tight deadlines
- Comprehensive system software knowledge and broad embedded OS developed under an Agile approach
You will join a team of friendly, dedicated developers working in a central Cambridge location with ample free parking. This is an excellent opportunity to join a global company where most of the hardware development is done in the UK. There is some travel to clients and overseas offices but not significant.
Keywords: Embedded PCs, ARM processors, Internet of Things (IoT), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 802.15.4, Cellular, GNSS, LPWA, EN50155, eMark, SAE J1455, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.