Experienced C++ Software Engineer (25148)
Our client is a market leader in NLP-based solutions, helping scientists find useful data hidden within thousands of reports and other sources, to assist in the development of new pharmaceuticals and improve patient care.
They are a tightly knit, friendly team of intelligent people, for whom critical thinking and the willingness to continue to learn and improve your skills is just as important as your ability to communicate and collaborate to reach a shared goal.
Minimum experience and skills necessary for this role:
- Top level object-orientated programming skills in C++
- Commercial experience of the software lifecycle, including: requirements definition, specification capture, software architecture / design, program development, associated
documentation, test automation and maintenance
- Experience with tools such as: standard libraries and frameworks, interactive development environments, software version control, build systems, automated testing frameworks, and bug tracking systems
- Excellent communication skills combined with enthusiasm and a “can-do” attitude
- A good degree (or possibly postgraduate qualification) in Computer Science or similar technical subject, from a top university, with the ability to work within a highly intelligent team
If you also have experience in a number of the following, you will be more likely to succeed in this position:
- Cross-platform development on Linux and Windows
- Application servers, database internals, data visualisation distributed systems, content repositories, full-text search, grid computing, information retrieval, NLP, semantic web, text mining, user interface design or web services
- A good understanding of best development practices, such as: test driven development, peer review, design patterns and continuous integration
Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship will also be required.
Keywords: C++, NLP, software lifecycle, text mining, software architecture, Linux, information retrieval, software development
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.