Senior Data Engineer (25158)
This growing high-tech engineering company are building a skilled data science and machine learning team to take advantage of the truly diverse real-world data they have from customers. They are seeking a skilled data engineer, who will take a lead in building their cloud data-oriented systems, which data scientists and machine learning engineers will work with. This is a key and high profile role.
You will be leading the development and roll-out of secure global cloud infrastructure for data scientists’ use, taking good advantage of cloud providers’ solutions around data science and machine learning. This is a hands-on position with significant input both in terms of technical decisions and overall strategy.
You’ll bring your:
- Good degree in a relevant subject area from a top university (a PhD is optional); and
- Experience as a data engineer, building real “production quality” systems for data scientists and/or machine learning experts – this may be commercial, or may have been for research, but in any case these will have been robust systems put to good practical use
And several of:
- In-depth and practical data-oriented skills including curation and aggregation of diverse datasets (telemetric, visual and clinical data are all relevant), SQL / NoSQL, schema design, ETL
- Experience with cloud and big data technologies such as AWS (EC2, EMR, S3, RDS etc.) or Azure equivalents, and Hadoop / Spark / Kafka
- Proficiency with Python (or equivalent) and libraries including / comparable to NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Tensorflow and PyTorch
- Agile (ideally Scrum) practices, enough knowledge to work independently and collaborate closely, and an appreciation of data security, regulatory and ethical concerns
This is an opportunity for either a senior engineer with significant experience or for an up and coming engineer ready to step into a senior role. A generous salary and package are on offer as well as the chance to be a pivotal voice in this growing team.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.