Experienced Python Developer for Manufacturing (25182)
An ambitious and well established start-up based in Cambridge seeks an enthusiastic and adaptable software developer to take a key role in a team crafting a world class manufacturing product in the medical engineering sector.
The role involves designing and implementing Python based software which will be critical to the manufacture, integration and test of new products and process improvements. The right candidate will be creative and will enjoy collaborating with engineering teams to produce the most effective solutions and tools, following Agile methodologies and the best practices for Python development. They will also have great communication skills, including the ability to write technical documentation to support the tools and validation protocols created.
Minimum experience and skills required for this role:
- Commercial experience using Python 2.7 and 3.x to develop software applications
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and NoSQL (e.g Mongo)
- At home using modern version control systems and with a good understanding of software testing and validation, including automated testing, continuous integration and delivery
- A good degree (2.1 or above) in a technical subject from a well-respected university
Other attractive skills include:
- Python for Qt user interface design
- A good understanding of modern manufacturing practices; current software development techniques, including TDD and Agile methodologies
Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship will also be required.
Keywords: Python, software applications, manufacturing, version control, test, validation and integration, robotics, software development, agile
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.