Genetic Cancer Diagnostics Scientist (25192)
Based on proprietary technology, this company has recently started to forge its way as an innovator for applications used in molecular diagnostics for infectious disease, patient monitoring and population screening. They are looking to expand their biology team, and seek a hands-on scientist to join them and work on new projects.
- Strong academic background including a broad Bachelors (BSc) / Integrated Masters (MSc) in Biochemistry AND a PhD.
- Post-doctoral hands-on experience with relevant molecular biochemistry methods used in genetic cancer diagnostics.
- Past experience with a wide range of standard molecular biology techniques and aptitude to apply them in unusual ways.
- Must have experience with 3 or more of the following:
- Diagnostic assay development from first principles
- Oligonucleotide probe / primer design and optimisation (ideally of complex molecules)
- Multiplexed PCR
- Liquid biopsy
- Relevant sample preparation
This is an excellent role for an applied scientist to work on interesting projects in a fast, dynamic environment. In return, a competitive salary with excellent benefits is on offer, as well as the opportunity to work on technology with the potential to make a real-world impact.
At this time, interested applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. No company sponsorship is available.
Keywords: Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Patient Monitoring, Sample Preparation, Assay Development, Cancer Screening, Molecular Oncology, Cancer Genomics, Molecular Diagnostics, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.