Senior Linux Specialist (25204)
Would you enjoy the challenge of wringing every drop of performance out of a system - in this instance a Linux-based consumer electronics device? You would need to have a high level of understanding and practical expertise in the inner workings of the Linux operating system and its labyrinth of configuration settings. For instance, a thorough understanding of the virtual memory system, file system and the scheduling of threads just for starters.
Still reading? Cool - it seems Linux holds no terrors for you!
Some specific skills and experience you will need:
- A good degree in a STEM subject from a well-respected university.
- Extensive Linux development experience with excellent C and C++ skills.
- Extensive embedded systems experience.
- Expertise in instrumenting systems in order to measure performance, isolate the root cause and identify improvements.
- You should have all the trappings of an accomplished developer including an excellent grasp of version control and bug tracking systems and the ability to estimate accurately and deliver on time.
You would be joining a bright and dynamic team of developers working on a range of exciting products. Our client is conveniently located in modern and accessible offices; they offer a highly competitive remuneration package and excellent benefits.
So if you have full Linux nerd credentials and you know your OOM killer from your zombie process then this might be a role worth investigating - why not send your CV now and find out more, with no obligation of course?
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Linux, Performance Optimisation, C, C++, Embedded, Architect, Senior, Cambridge, Consumer Devices.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.