Data Engineer (25215)
Some data engineering roles are about tweaking or propping up existing data science and machine learning software; this is an opportunity to build a bespoke system using the best technologies around. A growing team is looking to take advantage of real-world video, statistical and measurement data. This is a collaborative job for someone who wants to work closely with data scientists and machine learning engineers.
- A good degree in a relevant subject area from a top university (a PhD is optional); and
- Experience engineering data-oriented “production quality” software.
Relevant skills and technologies include:
- Data-oriented skills, SQL / NoSQL, schema design, ETL
- AWS (EC2, EMR, S3, RDS etc.) or Azure equivalents, Hadoop / Spark / Kafka
- Python, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Tensorflow and PyTorch
- Agile (ideally Scrum) approaches
Data security, regulations and ethics are also important. A generous salary and package are on offer as well as the chance to be an equal voice in this growing team.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.