Electronics DFT Engineer (25227)
This innovative, growing company specialises in the development of solutions for high technology industrial machines. As the Electronics DFT Engineer you will be involved in the analysis and design of internal test systems for their products. At times this may include the development of a bed-of-nails platform; however this isn’t the only approach.
You are likely to possess a degree and some commercial experience, however equivalent experience or knowledge is also considered. As a design engineer your technical skills should ideally include a broad knowledge across many of the following areas:
- A very strong understanding of hardware test fundamentals
- Some experience in developing ATE / Test Solutions for bed-of-nails testing
- Able to define test processes to enable functional validation of newly designed products
- Exposure to serial communications interfacing
- Knowledge of PCB design and able to select, specify, and source components
- Some exposure to high-voltage DC (>1kV) and AC (1-phase and 3-phase)
The role will appeal to an individual wishing to work within an R&D department with a background in test but with potential to design electronics. You will work closely with electronics and software engineers, chemists and physicists, developing a broad capability as you grow with the business.
Keywords: Electronics, Design For Test, PCB design, Bed of Nails, Test strategy, Cambridge area
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.