DevOps and Build Engineer (25237)
This varied and interesting role would perhaps suite an engineer with existing expertise in development, IT infrastructure management, or DevOps, who is keen to work for a great company and broaden their expertise with a wide variety of highly commercial technologies.
The company develops a range of cutting-edge connectivity products use by a vast array of international clients. They are seeking an adaptable, hands-on build engineer / DevOps, happy to take on a variety of tasks and learn new skills as the need arises. You would collaborate with managers and developers to understand their workflow and devise reliable and streamlined development environments for them. This may include setting up build systems, version control, test environments and virtual machines, as well as network administration, and the automated deployment of releases.
The role attracts a competitive salary and benefits package and is located in a convenient location in Cambridge with easy transports links. Why not join a premiere employer and work with a world-class team of colleagues whilst boosting your CV and opening up new vistas for your long term career?
You will need:
- A good degree in a technical subject from a well-recognized university
- Confidence in tackling whatever task comes your way, learning new tools and technologies as needed
- Good coding aptitude in Python, shell scripts, Apache Groovy
- Experience in IT networks administration
- Experience in a substantial portion of the following: Jenkins, virtual machines and containers, source control systems, cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Google Compute or Azure; development environments such as Visual Studio, GNU, Scons, or CMake; and logging tools such as Graphite and Grafana.
Whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone.
Keywords: Cambridge, Toolchain Optimisation, Continuous Integration, DevOps, Python, Shell, Groovy, Network Admin, Build Tools, CMake, GNU, Jenkins.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.