Application Support Specialist (25242)
Join a highly experienced team of Application Support Specialists working with cutting edge Natural Language Processing and text mining products.
A leader in knowledge management, this innovative multinational company, seek talented, life science specialists with strong technical backgrounds and excellent customer facing skills to join their proactive, friendly and collaborative team, based in Cambridge.
As an Application Support Specialist, you will need to be organised and practical with the ability to advise on system architecture and sizing, installation, configuration, optimisation and performance of our client’s software. You will need to think strategically in order to help plan and deliver solutions to meet the clients’ needs. You will be a key contact for customers and will ensure any issues are successfully resolved. This may mean carrying out independent research to find technical solutions, or working closely with other teams to report bugs and find efficient work-arounds. The Application Support Specialist will also be needed to join an on-call rota (approximately 1 week in 8) for which over-time will be paid.
Minimum experience and skills necessary for this role:
- A technical / numerate degree combined with a postgraduate qualification or equivalent commercial experience, ideally with a background in the life sciences
- Experience working within a customer facing technical team, up to 3rd line support, with good attention to detail and the ability to work calmly under pressure
- Enjoys mentoring and training others
- Comfortable configuring and administering Linux and/or Windows servers in physical, virtual or cloud platforms (AWS)
- Python or Java
Ideally you would also have a good number of the following skills too:
- System architecture and sizing
- REST APIs and use of SDKs
- Experience of working with authentication systems (LDAP, AD, SSO), SSL and PKI, and Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship will also be required.
Keywords: IT Support, AWS, Python, Java, cloud platforms (AWS), Linux, Windows, system architecture, REST APIs, authentication systems, NLP
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.