Embedded Software Architect (25249)
Are you an Embedded Software Architect who has a solid understanding of control theory?
Our client is looking for an Embedded Software Architect to lead a small group of software engineers working on embedded motor controllers and related, connected systems. The team’s work spans everything from embedded low level interrupts and device driver code up to PC based GUI and test harness development; with lots of engineering in between for motor efficiency, product safety and certification, and connected HMI devices and comms.
This company employs the brightest engineers; as the Embedded Software Architect you will have a 1st or 2.1 in a technical degree. Your commercial experience will provide the evidence you possess the following attributes:
- Previous experience of team leadership
- Thorough knowledge of the whole software development process
- Significant experience with embedded C and bare metal programming
- Good knowledge of one or more of the following Python, C#, Java.
- Some exposure to GUI design
- Hands on experience of communication protocols
- Solid first principle understanding and strong mathematical analysis
- A good understanding of motor control considered a great advantage
- Excellent knowledge of product safety and software reliability engineering
This is a superb opportunity to build on your software background, providing some opportunity for travel (optional). You will work alongside a diverse team and the ability to contribute to electronics development will be a distinct advantage. There is a good team spirit in this company and the advantage of working on many green / sustainability related projects.
Keywords: Principal Software Engineer, Embedded systems, real-time, C, customer facing, green, sustainability, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.