Cloud Operations / DevOps Engineer (25252)
This is a splendid opportunity to join a successful, industry leading company in the field of healthcare data analytics and become part of a team where your skills and experience will make a positive difference to society. This varied and interesting role will involve you in a wide range of activities such as:
- Designing system architectures for future expansion
- Improving working procedures and ensuring that the system is secure and an effective disaster recovery strategy is in place
- Deploying and troubleshooting servers, and supporting business systems and development environments
- Implementing configuration and deployment systems with tools such as Ansible
The Cloud Operations / DevOps Engineer would be a key member of the team, resolving technical questions from clients and colleagues, and providing guidance to developers to ensure the latest software runs smoothly and reliably. Participation in the out-of-hours rota will be required.
Our client is looking for a fast learning and adaptable engineer with a good mix of Systems Administration and DevOps skills, and motivated to become expert in their technology.
- A good degree in a relevant subject from a well-respected university
- Hands-on DevOps experience
- Conversant with a range of operating system including Linux platforms, and ideally Windows and MacOS
- Strong scripting skills with Python
- Knowledge of configuration management/orchestration tools such as Ansible and Kubernetes
- Excellent knowledge of network protocols and security, Cloud (such as AWS), configuration control and deployment
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: DevOps, SysAdmin, Cambridge, Ansible, Cloud, AWS, Python
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.