Mathematical Software Developer (25272)
Headquartered in Edinburgh, this established software company has repeatedly delivered mathematical tools used in physical simulation modelling, enabling their customers to optimise complex geological processes. Their close-knit engineering team are looking to grow and are recruiting mathematical scientists with software development skills.
- Masters or PhD in Computational Physics / Geology, Applied Mathematics or Computer Science.
- Demonstrable programming experience in C, C++ or Fortran including use of version control.
- Broad knowledge of applied physics / maths concepts.
- An interest in AI / ML, algorithm development, or 3D graphics would be desirable.
- Exposure to C#.NET would be advantageous.
In this role, key activities would include: algorithm development and software coding; working with geology experts in scientific modelling; and optimising current tools to improve simulation representations.
The company prides itself on its company culture, supporting careers and providing engaging work. In return, an excellent starting salary is on offer with the potential to increase earnings as you develop your career with them. Further, relocation assistance and expenses are available and a healthy package.
Keywords: Maths Modelling, C / C++ / Fortran, Geology Simulations, Algorithm Development
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.