Java Cloud Infrastructure Developer (25275)
This unique institution supports breakthrough scientific research across the globe. This new position offers 3 years of challenging work for a skilled Java professional, renewable up to 9 years, with a superb and family-friendly benefits package, and support transitioning to your next role.
You will join the team who provide the “private cloud” infrastructure and services both within the organisation and to a global contingent of partners, whose computing power is turned to advanced data science tasks to accelerate the course of cutting-edge research.
Your concise and tailored CV will demonstrate that you:
- Have extensive Java programming skills, including application architecture (approx. 4 or more years full time would be indicative)
- Have equally extensive experience developing production-quality Java applications for the web (not just websites), including RESTful web services
- Embrace Agile development, continuous integration, continuous delivery and deployment, and a culture of automated testing
- Are skilled with Linux, and would enjoy working exclusively on Linux
- Are happy to work with data and databases
- Have practical experience with containers and orchestration, ideally including Docker, Kubernetes or comparable products
CVs not demonstrating Java experience but with comparable experience in C# and ASP.NET MVC, Ruby on Rails, or comparable technologies will be reviewed, provided that you are confident you could rapidly transition to Java and Spring through your own efforts and would be interested in doing so.
You will work on-campus amongst excellent facilities and in the heart of one of the Cambridge area’s most advanced scientific communities. A comprehensive suite of benefits are available, including an exceptional pension, and a variety of family-friendly perks.
If you’re interested, please do get in touch with ECM Selection – whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. If you’re already registered with us, recommend a friend or colleague for £250.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.