Senior Embedded Developer (25284)
This is a varied role which would suit a Senior Software Engineer with excellent embedded development skills with C and C++, and ideally an aptitude for front end web development. You would be joining a successful and established company serving a range of commercial markets. Their technology provides flexible and intuitive solutions for integration and communication within complex systems, and has been successfully deployed to an impressive list of high profile international clients. With new investment and opportunities to increase their global reach, they are scaling up their business and this would be an exciting time to join.
This role fully involves you in all stages of product development, from agreeing requirements and concepts with product management and sometimes clients, through to software design, development, test, and transition to manufacture where you would liaise with production and support teams. The role may occasionally call for limited travel within the UK and overseas. They are based in a pleasant location close to Cambridge and have a collaborative, hands-on, and fast-paced work environment.
Necessary skills and experience:
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in Computer Science or other applicable subject from a good university
- Excellent design and coding skills in C and C++ and experience developing under Windows and Linux. Bonus points will be awarded for embedded development experience
- Solid understanding of the Qt Framework, LAN and the TCP/IP protocol stack
- Due to the location and occasional necessity to travel you will need a full clean driving licence
- Unconditional right to work in the UK without restriction or time limit
The following skills and knowledge would be desirable but not essential:
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: C, C++, Qt, LAN, Embedded, TCP/IP, Networking, Linux, Windows
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.