Quant Developer (25308)
This quant research team are based in central London. They are a small, growing team providing expertise in algorithms and maths modelling for statistical applications. They are recruiting numerate PhDs to join them.
- Top pre-university qualifications including A* in Further Maths (A-levels) or 7 in Advanced Maths (IB).
- 1st Class degree in natural sciences, physics or similar from a top ranked university (Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial, UCL, or equivalent) – ideally awarded prizes, scholarships for projects or examination results; will have graduated in the top 5% of your cohort.
- PhD based on quantitative analysis (exact application area is less important than underlying statistical approaches).
- Extensive experience in mathematical modelling including algorithm development, and testing new numerical hypotheses.
- Experience using Python and associated libraries. Additional experience with C++ would be desirable.
- Immediately available, currently completing minor thesis corrections, or waiting for your doctorate viva. If you are a non-UK / EU national and have secured a work visa through DES, applications will be considered.
As a researcher in this hedgefund, you will have in-house training and have access to senior management. You will be given the opportunity to work on interesting mathematical problems and develop your applied coding skills. As you gain experience and deliver projects, remunerations will also increase.
Keywords: PhD, maths modelling, statistics, stochastics, top qualifications, Python, Quantitative Analysis, Hedgefund
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.