Senior Client-Facing Software Engineer (25313)
Are you an awesome C developer with exemplary problem solving, design and communication skills? Do you enjoy the development side, but feel like you might like a bit more human interaction? Read on...
Joining a global leader in data security, you would help support their clients in the technology underpinning a whole host of well-known and indispensable services.
Activities may typically include
- capturing requirements for new feature requests
- liaising with customers’ engineering teams to provide 3rd Line support on challenging technical issues
- designing and implementing features and fixes in collaboration with the development teams
- taking a leading role in ensuring the robustness and suitability of the software
- creating software releases and supporting clients in getting set up and running
This is a people-focussed company with a strong commitment to training, career progression, and work-life balance. Their culture is collaborative and supportive by nature and you would be working closely with colleagues in areas such as product management, product development and cybersecurity. Their technology ranges from cloud-based systems through to embedded software, and with new investment and direction they are looking to expand their horizons even further.
Essential skills and experience:
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in Computer Science or similarly applicable subject from a well-ranked university
- Excellent programming skills in C. Experience in C++ is highly desirable, and languages such as Go, Java or Python are also of interest
- Substantial experience in a commercial software development with complex applications
- Detailed understanding of Linux and Windows
- Full right to work in the UK without time limit or restriction.
Keywords: Cambridge, C, C++, Python, Senior, Software Engineer, Developer, client-facing, Agile, 3rd Line support, Cybersecurity
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.