Software Infrastructure Engineer / DevOps (25319)
Established in 2011, this open source advocated company has developed an innovative platform which has disrupted their sector. They work collaboratively with service partners to deliver simple solutions that tackle complex transactional processes. They are currently recruiting for a Software Engineer / DevOps to join their development team and who will look for ways to optimise systems and processes that impact infrastructure, testing, and operations of applications.
The team are not technology-specific-wedded, but use the best Open Source tools where possible – they prefer to add value than reinvent the wheel.
Their current infrastructure is built on Kubernetes, and deployed on AWS with GCP. They are interested in people who have experience with Cloud infrastructure and understand good DevOps practices. They build and develop based on continuous improvement and quality, and look to use TDD/BDD where possible.
Technology they have recently used include:
- Infrastructure automated using Terraform and Helm.
- Portable, open server technology (Vagrant, Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, Nginx).
- Open languages and frameworks (Node.js, Express, React, Redux, Webpack, SASS, Python).
- Open-source continuous integration and testing (Selenium, Jenkins, Jest, Pytest).
- Relational and document databases (Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch).
- Monitoring, logging and metrics (New Relic and Loggly).
- Messaging (SQS, RabbitMQ).
Interested candidates should demonstrate a good range of relevant experience in the described technologies and processes. Preference is for candidates based in Cambridge, UK but candidates based elsewhere in the UK who are open to relocating will be considered. In return, as well as working with a collaborative team, on offer is an excellent salary and benefits.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.