Mechanical (3D CAD) Engineer (25335)
Do you have the creativity to come up with novel mechanical designs using 3D CAD systems?
This medium sized, successful Cambridge company seeks a Mechanical (3D CAD) Engineer who has a track record of creative insight that sets the direction in research, technology or advanced product development projects.
As the Mechanical Engineer you will have an excellent technical degree, most likely in Mechanical Engineering from a top university. More recently you will have gained significant experience in designing the most creative solutions, advancing technology and engineering design in the development of new products.
- Exceptional mechanical designer with extensive experience of commercial product development
- Extensive background in 3D CAD (ideally including SolidWorks)
- Wide range of design experience which may include products and assembly jigs
- Excellent communicator and ability to present ideas through sketches, animations, and photorealistic rendering
- Exposure to a wide range of manufacturing techniques
- Ability to design plastic injection moulded parts would be an advantage
- Experience of sourcing off-the-shelf and custom parts and building relationships with and managing suppliers
- Hands-on ability to build, test and troubleshoot
An excellent opportunity to work for a well-respected company in the Cambridge area, facing leading edge challenges with an opportunity to progress quickly within the company.
Keywords: Mechanical, 3D CAD Design, SolidWorks, Materials, Medical Devices, South Cambridgeshire
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.