Senior Electronics Engineer (25349)
Your experience as a hardware engineer will provide you with the awareness of the pitfalls in electronic product development. The role offers an opportunity to be hands-on in creating the next generation products to be used in rugged environments. This role offers the full range of work including electronic circuits design, PCB layout supervision and review, board bring-up, troubleshooting, system integration and validation.
In summary your qualities as a Senior Electronics Engineer are:
- Significant commercial knowledge of high-speed computer system architectures
- Experience designing for high speed 64-bit Intel and ARM processors
- Exposure to PCI Express Gen 3 and above, NVMe, SATA 3, and high speed networking
- Design for Manufacturability
- Understanding of thermal constraints
- Integration of wireless connectivity into embedded products, including WiFi and Cellular modules
- Knowledge and experience of design for regulatory approval
- Hands-on experience with electronic design tools, especially Mentor (DxDesigner, Orcad, PADS)
The following are a bonus:
- FPGA and knowledge of other programmable logic design
- Experience with signal integrity and power integrity simulation tools like Keysight ADS
- Exposure to thermal simulation tools like FlowTHERM
- Knowledge of power conversion design
You will join a team of friendly, dedicated developers working in a central Cambridge location with ample free parking. This is an excellent opportunity to join a global company where most of the hardware development is done in the UK.
Keywords: Embedded PCs, ARM processors, Intel Xeon SP family, NVidia GPGPU, AMD EPYC, CE, FCC, RED, rail certifications, RoHS3, WEEE and REACH, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company