Manufacturing Manager (25385)
This innovative, growing company specialises in the development of solutions for high technology industrial machines. These are low volume and high value systems. They have just acquired a production facility and wish to set up a brand new production line. Initial units are already with customers but these have been constructed in more of an R&D environment.
As the Manufacturing Manager you will be involved in the planning and constructing of the production facility, shaping the organisation from the ground up. This is a start-up so a hands-on approach will be appreciated, as things progress you will need to recruit your team.
You need to have a good educational background to be able to stand your ground with a very bright R&D team and handle their very high-tech machine. Your technical skills should ideally include a broad knowledge across many of the following areas:
- A very strong understanding of low volume, high value production techniques
- Exposure to producing precision-machinery (moving parts and high pressure fluid flow)
- Hands-on use of ERP systems and working to ISO9001
- Shop-floor management, planning machine builds and reporting progress
- Working closely with R&D teams, providing feedback to the design
- A desire to and experience of working within a start-up
The role will appeal to a manufacturing specialist wishing to grow a production environment from prototype to series production. This company offers excellent benefits and the backing of a well establish parent company.
Keywords: Production, Mechanical, Electronics, ERP, SAP, ISO9001, Cambridge area
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.