Experienced Physicist (25392)
Our client is seeking an experienced Physicist, keen to contribute to challenging product development projects. In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead projects, develop technologies and work with clients to establish new opportunities in innovative medical scenarios.
Your background may be in a research environment or commercial product development, but will include direct experience of surgical or clinical instrumentation, for example ultrasound, medical robotics, haptics, image processing, tomography or surgical navigation.
The projects involve taking an inventive and analytical approach to a technical challenge and developing an initial feasibility plan, followed by design and implementation. They may involve a purely theoretical solution or, more often, involve working with other engineers in the lab to develop a tangible product. Recent projects have involved high-accuracy imaging, visualisation of cancer tumours, robotics, ophthalmics and optometry.
With excellent communication skills, a positive attitude and a strong focus on delivery, you will have:
- An excellent degree from a well-ranked world class university in physics with, typically, a PhD too
- Direct experience of participating in experimental programmes specifically in clinically or surgically related technologies
- Excellent analytic skills, with the ability to solve real-world mathematical problems
- The ability to work in a fast changing and developing environment that requires continual enhancement of knowledge and skills
- Willingness to work in a cross-disciplinary team and understand the technical constraints of all facets of the technology
The company provides a welcoming environment where the right candidate will have the chance to work as part of a collaborative group, learning new skills and honing existing ones. They provide an excellent opportunity for further training and career progression with an exemplary office and lab environment and, of course, offer a generous salary.
Keywords: Physicist, PhD, Experimental, Medical, Surgical, Clinical, Image Processing, Haptics, Sensors, Cambridge.
If this sounds like you, get in touch with ECM Selection – whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone, and we may have other ideas to suggest to you too.