Senior C++ Software Engineer (25398)
An involving C++ application development role working on scientific software, used by major companies and rocket scientists, with applications from space exploration to autonomous vehicles. A friendly company with university roots, in the heart of Cambridge, using the latest tools and technologies, and practising pragmatic Agile methods.
You will bring:
- Strong commercial experience of modern object-oriented C++ and the latest libraries
- Experience developing cross-platform software, ideally for both Linux and Windows users
- A good degree in a technical subject from a well-regarded university
- An understanding of the fundamentals of good inter-process communication (IPC), be that via HTTP (WSDL, REST or SOAP) or other common messaging technologies
- Consideration of the end user, and their experience using the software
- Knowledge of at least one other programming language, such as C#, Python, Java or Rust
This is a full time, permanent position in a company with a good culture and a lasting track record. As well as a competitive salary, they offer a comprehensive benefits package including private medical care, bonuses, and an excellent pension.
Developers sit together in cross-discipline, informally Agile teams, with pleasant, expansive spaces to both meet and relax, and separate meeting rooms for extended discussions. The atmosphere is pleasing, cordial and conversational without being intrusive. A powerful PC, multiple monitors, and the latest development tools are standard for all developers.
Their modern Cambridge offices have parking on-site, and are a short walk from a nearby train station, plus being in easy cycling distance for Cambridge residents. Select other office locations are possible including Sheffield, Oxford and Sussex; contact us for details.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. If you’re already registered with us, recommend a friend for £250 – see http://www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.