Experienced Product Designer (25410)
Based close to Cambridge, this leading company work on a variety of medical device projects using their recognised technical scientific and engineering experience. They seek a versatile Product Designer who will have the technical authority and knowledge to work on a variety of different projects understanding the fundamental technology as well having the natural flair to create ergonomic and user-friendly products.
Taking an active role from the project concept stage, the Product Designer will work with customers to realise what is required, champion these ideas, and coordinate / liaise with other stakeholders (R&D teams, engineering) to visualise solutions. Ultimately, you will take a leading role in producing well-thought out technical systems that are fit-for-purpose.
- Top class academics (typically 1st / 2.1 in Industrial/Product Design, Mechanical Engineering or similar) with a portfolio to demonstrate your new product development work.
- Commercial experience in high technology product design through product development processes.
- Background experience in rendering using 3D-CAD tools.
- Experience using methodologies for user-centred design and human factors.
- Appreciation of design trends.
- Good understanding of mechanical engineering and able to produce solutions for complex problems.
Your communication skills will be excellent across all levels of an organisation and you will enjoy the commercial aspects of a role.
With a reputation of empowering, new joiners to this company will quickly be brought in and given responsibilities. A strong friendly working ethos enables all to feel part of the company and as well as working with bright peers, the successful candidate will be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package including a range of benefits. Relocation expenses are available for qualifying candidates.
Keywords: Industrial Design, Mechanical, Concept Design, CAD, SolidWorks, Animation, Creative, User Experience, Medical Devices, Cambridge.
If this sounds like you, get in touch with ECM Selection – whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone, and we may have other ideas to suggest to you too.