Technical Writer, Inventions (25416)
This is a role for an experienced technical or science writer – be that from commercial work, commercially-focused research, or product-related patents – to work on technical writing for an innovation consultancy. Breadth of experience across science and engineering is important, along with excellent technical writing skills.
You will have:
- A good degree (and potentially PhD) in a physical science or engineering subject from a well-ranked university, and corresponding A-level grades
- Several years’ experience as a technical or science writer, whether writing for a commercial company, science communications, or patents
- The ability to write clearly and succinctly and meet deadlines
- Broad technical knowledge and interest, including significant exposure to fields of science and technology outside your own core expertise
- The ability to communicate and work with diverse subject-matter experts across science and engineering
- A rapid and intuitive grasp of new technical ideas, concepts and products
- An open mind as far as contributing to internal, supporting documentation
If you have additional experience of IP, including the ability to pragmatically assess an invention regarding its likelihood of being patentable, that would be a plus.
This is a full time role for someone based in London or Cambridge. The company offer a competitive salary and performance-related bonuses. There will be occasional travel, which may be within the UK Europe or further afield. Up to two days a week home working is possible given three days in the office.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. If you’re already registered with us, recommend a friend for £250 – see http://www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.