Senior Firmware Test Engineer (25426)
Our client specialises in developing miniature motors for use in a wide rnage of high-tech products. Their motors are extremely small and can be controlled with exceptional accuracy.
They are currently looking for a Senior Firmware Test engineer to join growing multi-disciplinary team (mechanical, control, electronics, firmware and software engineers) and build test solutions to improve product quality, results tracking and traceability.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing test specifications and defining test cases to evaluate and verify proprietary Hardware, Firmware and Software systems.
- Taking ownership of automated testing infrastructure; develop and improve the methods and procedures to enhance the ability to deliver successful products.
- Introducing testing methodologies and act as a champion for quality and verification.
- Mentor a Junior Engineer.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 1st Class or 2:1 BSc or BEng in Electronic Engineering or another relevant degree course.
- 5 years’ demonstrable industrial experience and achievements.
- Testing of embedded firmware.
- Designing, developing and maintaining automated test cases.
- Defining test plans which ensure coverage.
- 5 years’ experience of one or more programming/scripting languages such as Ruby/Perl/C# /Python/bash, etc.
- Configuring and managing continuous integration (CI) systems.
- Proactive and self manging with experience of working on multiple products.
- A high level of competence, integrity and communication.
- Defect tracking and peer review.
Any of the following would be highly desirable:
- Previous experience working in commercialisation of a product.
- Hands-on experience in black-box testing.
- Experience in mentoring more junior engineers.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum continuous development software life cycle models.
- Version Control in a collaborative environment.
- Experience of Hardware in the loop testing.
- Experience of Electronic hardware testing.
- Understanding of mechanical systems and experience in testing them.
- An understanding of control system elements (sensors, actuators, controllers) would be useful.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.