Graduate Electronics Technician (25427)
Our client’s high-value innovative scientific instrumentation products are used globally. They are currently looking for a Graduate Engineer to join their growing team to assemble and test these instruments. This is a super opportunity to develop your hands-on skills and knowledge alongside professional engineers and physicists.
The ideal candidate will have practical hands-on abilities in electronics and mechanical engineering, able to show a good understanding of circuit designs, PCBs and mechanical design.
The role involves the assembly and troubleshooting of precision high-cost instruments, incorporating electronics and complex sensors. Each instrument setup is customised for various applications and customers, providing a variety of technical challenges.
Experience / skills required:
- BEng in electronics – most likely incorporating a high level of practical work.
- Use of measurement and test equipment of high tech electronics and sensor systems.
- Good surface mount soldering skills and assembly of PCBs.
- Ability to interpret circuit diagrams and mechanical drawings.
- Practical skills with hand and power tools, displaying manual dexterity and co-ordination.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, including documentation.
- Ability to maintain component stocks in the lab in an orderly manner.
- Working as part of a cohesive team, with potential for travel to installation sites.
The role offers excellent scope to develop your technical skills rapidly across a wide range of areas, working as part of the team of electronics engineers, systems engineers and mechanical engineers.
Keywords: PCB assembly, test, soldering, prototypes, circuit diagrams, CAD, mechanical, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.