Senior Software Engineer - Audio (25429)
This is an interesting and varied opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer with an enthusiasm for audio technology.
The role encompasses the development of algorithms and products, using both low-level highly optimised C++ for embedded systems, and full fat C++ for servers and desktop systems. You would be developing new products as well as updating existing ones. Your work might typically involve:
- Prototyping new signal processing algorithms using MATLAB then implementing them in C++
- Adapting existing solutions to new processor architectures
- Identifying root causes of issues and developing solutions
- Developing automated tests to ensure a high quality product
- Mentoring more junior team members
As a Senior Software Engineer, you would be joining a small, friendly start-up company creating innovative high-end audio products. They are already a commercial success and have products available in the consumer electronics market. The team culture is supportive, sociable, and dynamic, with a flat management structure, comfortable well-appointed offices and a flexible approach to working hours.
You should be able to demonstrate excellent coding skills, a pre-existing enthusiasm for audio technology, and a can-do attitude with a willingness to pick up new skills as needed and tackle an task that arises.
Specific skills and experience:
- A 1st or 2.1 degree in Computer Science, or other applicable numerate subject from a leading university
- Significant commercial software development experience including desktop and embedded systems. Linux, Windows and OS X are all relevant.
- Excellent coding skills including C, C++, and a scripting language (Python, Ruby, Bash etc.), plus a solid understanding of audio or signal processing.
- Full existing right to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship
MATLAB skills are a bonus but not essential.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Cambridgeshire, Audio, Signal Processing, C, C++, Python, Start-Up, Consumer-Electronics, Embedded, Windows, Linux, Mac OS X.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.