Principal Mechanical / CFD Engineer (25446)
Utilise all your fluidic design skills to assist this start-up in becoming the leader in low cost gas (air) flow and liquid flow sensors. In this role your designs will bring air flow sensing to new product areas which cannot be served cost-effectively by competitors.
You will need to demonstrate a strong academic background from a world leading university in a relevant subject related to fluidics, and be able to convince this client you have a solid understanding of mechanical design. This is a principal role and will require a certain amount of customer facing activities assisting them with evaluations and designs incorporating the air flow sensors.
In summary you will possess comprehensive knowledge and extensive practical experience of:
- Fluidic system analysis, design, simulation, physical implementation and testing
- Sensing and measurement methods for flow and pressure
- Flow control, by-pass arrangements and averaging for sensor performance optimisation
- Materials and manufacturing methods for both medical devices and consumer products
- Good knowledge and understanding of laboratory equipment for fluidic system development
- Able to select appropriate trade-offs between cost and performance
This is an excellent opportunity to be the expert in fluid dynamics and engineering (including theory, modelling, simulation and physical implementation) within this Cambridge start-up. This is seen as a key role within the company where you can inspire confidence in their customers, hence includes chances to travel globally.
Keywords: Fluidics, PhD, CFD, air flow, liquid flow sensors, mechanical engineering, plastics, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.