Senior Embedded Engineer (25447)
This Cambridge start-up is developing a range of sensors for markets where sensors have not been a commercial possibility until now. They are expanding the existing team with several roles including this firmware position.
As the Senior Embedded Engineer you will have broad responsibilities and associated freedom within that. Freedom to choose tools, embedded processors and define the development processes. You will create all the firmware for these sensors, design the software interfaces to client companies' product software. From time to time you will also need to build simple Windows applications as a proof of concept. These Windows applications will be used typically for your internal tools and demo use.
They recruit the best engineers demonstrated by excellent grades and top engineering degree from a well-known and respected university. During your career so far you will have gained experience in most of the following:
- Experience of programming in C++, C# and especially embedded C
- Excellent knowledge of methodologies, languages, tools and environments
- Previous experience of bare metal and minimal resources programming
- A working knowledge of interfaces such as USB, I2C, SPI, JTAG
- Good working knowledge of microcontrollers such as ST STM32 family, Silicon Labs EFM8/32 and Microchip SAM D series.
- A good exposure to a range of hardware and test equipment
- Ability to create Windows applications to control demonstration of the system
- Algorithm development and some familiarity with LabVIEW, MATLAB and/or Python
You will join a team of friendly, dedicated developers working in an modern, welcoming work environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fresh start-up with the additional benefit of having founders who have successful built up a previous Cambridge start-up.
Keywords: Firmware development, Embedded C, Bare metal, pic, microcontrollers, Algorithm development, Windows applications, C++, C#, Agile, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.