Senior Embedded Software Engineer (25451)
A Senior Embedded Software Engineer is needed to join a high-performing Cambridge team, developing innovative new electronics for the infotainment market. You would be joining an established and successful technology company that already boasts a broad range of consumer devices, and which energetically pursues new ideas and new market opportunities. They are a top-notch employer with conveniently situated spacious modern offices, and superb comprehensive benefits package.
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you would be working on a range of popular consumer products to ensure they remain competitive in a fast-evolving industry. If you enjoy working with target hardware on your desk and seeing your work come to life in a tangible form, then this role is for you.
You’ll be happy continuously pushing your own limits, taking ownership of development tasks and using your own insights to come up with creative solutions, learning new technologies and skills as required.
You would need:
- Significant commercial experience developing embedded solutions in C or C++
- Excellent Linux command line skills, knowledge of the Linux operating system, and the practicalities of creating software to run under Linux
- Demonstrable knowledge of network communication protocols and audio/video encoding formats
- A 1st or 2.1 in Computer Science, or similarly applicable subject from a good university
- Full right to work in the UK without sponsorship, restrictions, or time limit
So then, does joining a friendly and sociable team of expert engineers, working on a range of cool hardware (that you can actually go out and buy and use in your own home) in pleasant and accessible offices and being handsomely paid for it, appeal at all? If that’s a "yes", then send your CV to ECM Selection, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Linux, C, C++, Embedded, Senior, Cambridge, Consumer Products.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.