Experienced Python Developer (25524)
Risk management is a particularly relevant topic at the moment as large global companies realise the effects a dramatic climate event or the spread of a new virus can have on their supply and manufacturing lines. This Cambridge based start-up company are at the forefront of helping business to predict and plan for such systemic events and their unique technology is increasingly in demand.
They seek a Python developer with commercial experience to join their team developing a client /server technology that helps international companies quantify a wide range of risks within a unified framework.
The Python developer will be working on the API and Dashboard code and this will involve prototyping, evaluating, validating and testing all aspects, including the user interface. They should be used to working with version control systems, preferably Git, and will be able to make use of standard research methods and techniques. A good team player, the Python developer will easily build working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders alike. There may be opportunities to work onsite with clients and research partners so they will be expected to represent the company and make a good impression.
As this is a position in a small team with ambitions for rapid growth, the right person may find themselves shaping or leading a team of developers in the future.
Minimum experience and skills necessary for this role:
- Strong skills in object oriented programming in Python
- A good degree in a mathematical, engineering or science based subject from a Russell Group university
- Experience with web UX development
- Happy to work in a variety of environments such as Windows, Linux and the Cloud
- Good organisational and planning skills including familiarity with software version control, time management and a commitment to meeting deadlines.
Ideally, great candidates will also show:
- Experience with data visualisation and dashboard development
- Familiarity with frameworks such as Django REST and/or Flask and techniques such as ORM and MVC
- Familiarity with GIS systems such as Quantum GIS, GeoPy or Spatial SQL
- Experience with the Dash UX toolkit and PostgreSQL will also be useful
Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship will also be required.
The company is situated close to Cambridge Station, in modern well-equipped offices, which reflect the energetic vibe of this young start-up. They offer stock options as well as a competitive salary for the right candidate.
Keywords: Object-oriented Python, API, UX, REST, dashboards, software development, risk management, Cambridge, start-up
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.