Electromagnetics and Optics Trainer / Engineer (25532)
Are you completing your PhD, a current postdoc or possibly a junior lecturer? Have you broad experience in maths modelling for physical electromagnetics and optics? Have you possibly taught undergraduates or provided university-level seminars?
We are looking for a PhD level physicist looking to move away from academia to join this company as their Electromagnetics and Optics Trainer / Engineer. In this client-facing role, you will work with customers in both academia and industry to provide expertise in maths modelling including demonstrations and training. The role is varied and would require some travel (typically within the UK).
- Academic background in physics including a PhD (if completing your PhD, applicants must be close to submitting and finishing their thesis).
- Broad experience and knowledge of electromagnetics theory including:
- Faraday’s law and Maxwell’s equations.
- Capacitance, inductance, resistance, magnetic flux and electric potentials.
- Applications in microwaves, photonics, optics, lasers-interactions, plasmonics, and antenna design.
- Experience in teaching or demonstrations of electromagnetic applications / theory. Experience presenting at conferences on relevant topics would be of interest.
- Technical experience using maths modelling software such as MATLAB.
This is a varied role, and would suit someone who would enjoy “…working on a maths model in the morning, and provide training to a small group in the afternoon”. The position is with a small technical team who will provide support but expect team members to have the aptitude to embrace the challenge. In return, remunerations include a range of benefits, and more importantly, interesting projects.
Keywords: PhD / Postdoc Physics, Maths Modelling, Consultancy, Teaching, Demonstrations, MATLAB, Electromagnetics
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.