Software Developer in Test (25536)
The development team (circa ten engineers) wish to move to a more advanced continuous integration system. Your initial task in this role would be to create this environment then build up the testing methods from there. There is already a test engineer in the team who can keep the current tests going while you design this new continuous integration approach.
As a software engineer you need to be used to working close to the hardware. This position will give you significant freedom to generate testing concepts and keep up to date with tools and techniques.
In summary your qualities as Software Developer in Test are:
- Experience maintaining a continuous integration system (Jenkins or Cloudbees)
- Ability to write test applications using C/C++ and scripting languages
- Exposure to the design, organisation and manufacture of test fixtures
- Experience writing and releasing test procedures
- Degree or similar in a computer science, software or engineering discipline
Possession of the following would desirable:
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience writing Jenkins plugins
- Knowledge of version control systems, such as Git
- Knowledge of manufacturing environments
You will join a team of friendly, dedicated developers working in a central Cambridge location with ample free parking. This is an excellent opportunity to join a global company where most of the hardware development is done in the UK. The Cambridge hardware team has an equal number of software engineers who need an extra pair of hands.
Keywords: Continuous integration, Test development, C, C++, BASH, Python, Embedded PCs, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.