C# & Embedded Developer (25552)
The opportunity to join a small development team developing software for high value scientific instrumentation. You’ll be involved at all levels of instrument development, from PC based
interfaces down to embedded microcontroller code.
As a senior programmer on a product, you will principally work in C# / VisualStudio on the PC based interface software; enhancing this product and supporting new capabilities and applications.
For new product development, you will be working with other members of the team on embedded systems in Keil ARM and MPLAB environments. There are also projects in Python and C++ / embedded Linux.
The main functions of the role will include:
- Implementing continuing improvements to existing .NET instrument control software to support new hardware, additional functionality and customer requirements.
- There will be an opportunity to lead a refactoring of software early on in the role.
- Development of embedded software for new products, principally on STM Cortex-M microcontrollers, in the Keil IDE.
- Development in Python or other platforms.
Candidates should possess:
- Experience with programming .NET applications in C# (Microsoft Visual Studio).
- Familiarity with embedded microcontroller programming.
- A good understanding of the interactions between embedded software and hardware behaviour.
Familiarity with the Keil µVison IDE or other ARM Cortex microcontroller development would be an advantage.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.