Mechanical Consultant (25558)
This leading technical consultancy designs and develops new products for organisations across a broad range of sectors including healthcare, communications and consumer products. You will take responsibility for part or all of the mechanical detailing on projects, developing medical and consumer products and equipment from concept, through prototype manufacture, to product introduction. On a daily basis you will interact with Applied Sciences, Industrial Design, Data Sciences, Electronics and Software teams.
- Minimum 2:1 degree from a top university in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- High level of proficiency in 3D CAD systems; preferably SolidWorks
- Experience and knowledge of FEA modelling
- Substantial experience in system or product design; from concept, through to detail design
- Exposure to scaling up to volume manufacturing
- Intuitive understanding of risk management
- Understanding of plastic moulding part and tool design (particularly high volume)
- Tolerance analysis for mass production
- Knowledge of assembly processes and good DFMA skills
This is an excellent opportunity to work on projects with real-world impact, joining a Mechanical Engineering group which can deliver truly innovative solutions to clients that range right across the industrial sector.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.